- Who we are and how to contact us
- There are other terms that may apply to you
- We may make changes to these Terms
- You must keep your account details safe
- How you may use the Developer Centre
- Prohibited uses
- Confidential Information
- Breach of these Terms
- Our Liability
- Your Liability
- Which country's laws apply to any disputes?
1. Who we are and how to contact us
The Developer Centre is operated by Travelex Europe Limited ("We", “us”, “our”). We are registered in England and Wales under company number 09641417 and have our registered office at 4th Floor, Kings Place, 90 York Way. We are authorised by the Financial Conduct Authority (register number 900537) under the Electronic Money Regulations for the issuing of electronic money.
2. There are other terms that may apply to you[ potential for priv pol depending on nature of data being processed – tbc ].
3. We may make changes to these Terms
We may amend these terms from time to time to reflect changes to our products, security, and our business priorities. Every time you wish to use our site, please check these terms to ensure you understand the terms that apply at that time.
We may suspend or withdraw the Developer Centre for business and operational reasons without notice. We do not guarantee that the Developer Centre, or any content on it, will always be available or be uninterrupted.
4. You must keep your account details safe
To gain access to the Developer Centre sandbox testing environment, you need to request access by providing your email address (your identification code) to set up an account. You will be generated an API key by Travelex which you combine with your email address as your credentials for API authentication.
You must be a human to create an account - accounts registered by "bots" or other automated methods are not permitted. Each person or legal entity can only maintain one account, and your authentication credentials may only be used by you and cannot be shared. We have the right to terminate an account that are inactive for an extended period of time. If you are provided with, a user identification code, API key or any other piece of information as part of our security procedures, you must treat such information as confidential. You must not disclose it to any third party.
If you know or suspect that anyone other than you knows your user identification code or API key, you must promptly notify us at firstname.lastname@example.org
5. How you may use the Developer Centre
You may use the DeveloperCentre and the sandbox testing environment only for the purposes of testing Travelex’s API technology within your application.
The content of the Developer Centre is not intended to amount to information on which you should rely. You must obtain professional or specialist advice before taking, or refraining from, any action on the basis of the content on the Developer Centre. We make no representations, warranties or guarantees, whether express or implied, that the content of the Developer Centre is fit for a particular purpose, accurate, complete or up to date.
We are the owner or the licensee of all intellectual property rights in the Developer Centre, and in the material published on it. All such rights are reserved.
Where the Developer Centre contains links to other sites and resources provided by third parties, these links are provided for your information only. Such links should not be interpreted as approval by us of those linked websites or information you may obtain from them.
6. Prohibited usesIn using the Developer Centre, you agree:
- Not to use the Developer Centre in any way that is unlawful or fraudulent, or has any unlawful or fraudulent purpose or effect;
- Not to knowingly transmit any data, send or upload any material that contains viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time-bombs, keystroke loggers, spyware, adware or any other harmful programs or similar computer code designed to adversely affect the operation of the DeveloperCentre;
- Not to or any derivative part of the Developer Centre;
- Not to license, sell, rent, lease, transfer, assign, distribute, host, reproduce, duplicate, copy or re-sell or otherwise exploit the Developer Centre or any content displayed in the Developer Centre for your own purposes, whether in whole or in part;
- Not to modify, make derivative works of, disassemble, reverse compile or reverse engineer any part of the Developer Centre in any way;
- Not to use the Developer Centre or any content in the Developer Centre to build a similar or competitive website, product, or service;
- Not to interfere with, modify, disrupt or disable features or functionality of the DeveloperCentre, including without limitation any such mechanism used to restrict or control the functionality, or defeat, avoid, bypass, remove, deactivate or otherwise circumvent any software protection or monitoring mechanisms of the Developer Centre;
- Not to permit other individuals or entities to create links to the DeveloperCentre or "frame" or "mirror" the Developer Centre on any other server, or otherwise make available to a third party, any token, key, password or other login credentials to the Developer Centre; and
- Not to use the Developer Centre in any way that breaches any applicable local, national or international law or regulation, nor for any other illegal, unauthorised or other improper purposes.
7. Confidential Information
- The Developer Centre may contain Confidential Information. You will treat any Confidential Information as strictly confidential and use the same degree of care with such Confidential Information as you would with respect to your own most confidential information. All Confidential Information remains our property, and no licence or other right in any Confidential Information is granted to you, and nor may you use or disclose any Confidential Information without our prior written consent.
- Confidential Information includes the tools in the Developer Centre, our information, processes, programs, testing procedures, software design and architecture, computer code, internal documentation, design and function specifications, product requirements, problem reports, analysis and performance information, and any other information received under circumstances reasonably interpreted as imposing an obligation of confidentiality.
8. Breach of these Terms
A failure to comply with these Terms constitutes a material breach of the Terms, and may result in our taking all or any of the following actions:
- Immediate, temporary or permanent withdrawal of your right to use the Developer Centre;
- Immediate, temporary or permanent removal of any data uploaded by you to our site;
- Legal proceedings against you for reimbursement of all costs on an indemnity basis (including, but not limited to, reasonable administrative and legal costs) resulting from the breach;
- Disclosure of such information to law enforcement authorities as we reasonably feel is necessary or as required by law; and
- Enforce our rights under these Terms against you;
We exclude our liability for all action we may take in response to breaches of these Terms. The actions we may take are not limited to those described above, and we may take any other action we reasonably deem appropriate.
9. Our Liability
- The Developer Centre is provided on an “as-is” and “as available” basis. Use of the Development Centre is at your own risk. We expressly disclaim all warranties, whether express, implied, or statutory, of fitness for a particular purpose, title, quiet enjoyment, accuracy, or non-infringement. We make no warranty that the Developer Centre will meet your requirements, will be available on an uninterrupted, timely, secure, or error-free basis, or will be accurate, reliable, free of viruses or other harmful code, complete, legal, or safe.
- We exclude all implied conditions, warranties, representations or other terms that may apply to the Developer Centre or any content on it.
- We will not be liable to you for any loss or damage, whether in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty, or otherwise, even if foreseeable, arising under or in connection with, inter alia, your use of, or inability to use, the Developer Centre or its content.
- In particular, we will not be liable for any loss of profits, sales, business, or revenue, any business interruption, loss of anticipated savings, loss of business opportunity, goodwill or reputation; or any indirect or consequential loss or damage.
- We do not exclude or limit in any way our liability to you where it would be unlawful to do so.
10. Your Liability
- You agree to indemnify, defend and hold us and our affiliates and officers harmless against all loss, injury, damage, expense and cost arising from any claim, action, proceeding or demand made by any third party (which includes government or regulatory entities) due to or arising out of your use of the Developer Centre, your breach of these Terms, your breach of any third-party right, including privacy or intellectual property rights, your breach of applicable laws or regulations, or arising from any other cause attributable to you.
11. Which country's laws apply to any disputes?
These Terms, its subject matter and the formation of these Terms are governed by English law. You and we both agree that the courts of England and Wales shall have exclusive jurisdiction.
"Travelex™" and "The Worldwide Money Logo™" are registered trademarks of the Travelex group. Other featured words or symbols, used to identify the source of goods and services, are the trademarks of their respective owners. You are not permitted to use them without our approval.